- Provide support, advice, and consultation to parents of children with educational issues.
- Conduct a comprehensive file review.
- Consult with parents and prepare a plan of action/ agenda for all meetings.
- Review complete educational and related history as well as present educational program.
- Observe your child in the school setting.
- Help to design appropriate educational programs and determine needed related services.
- Maintain focus on the child first throughout the process.
- Assist in the development of the IEP or other educational plans.
- Attend all types of meetings.
- Review and interpret evaluations.
- Help to obtain additional resources.
- Recommend appropriate evaluations as needed.
- Refer to additional service providers.
- Help to ensure that the law is being followed.
- Act as a liaison between parent and school or district.
- Provide unbiased feedback.
- Help to locate and supervise a private tutor.
- Aide in decision making regarding private or residential placement.
- Help determine when and if Due Process needs to be implemented.
District Coaching, Consultation and/or Liaison
Carole provides training and educational coaching to special education and regular education staff to help improve their knowledge and strategies to more professionally implement students' goals and objectives.
Multi-sensory synthetic phonics and structured decoding, based on Orton-Gillingham /Wilson Reading programs, is one of Carole's many specialities.
Districts sometimes need a third party to function as a liaison between the school staff and the parent/s in complex situations. Carole has exceptional skills in negotiating and communicating with the goal in mind to help design a plan where both parties are satisfied and the student's needs are met.